Sunday 5 March 2017

Cimorelli: Scars To Your Beautiful - Cover Review


I really loved Cimorelli's recent cover. In this weeks #CimorelliSaturday the band covered Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara. Once again Cimorelli are ahead of me with the current trends in the music because I have never really heard of this song. But that's okay because I love new music.

First of all this was filmed  in the old Cimorelli style in front of a plain coloured background with the girls singing acapella. This seems to be happening more and more often now and I honestly love it. As much as I love the pre-recorded covers with the music videos filmed for them too, these ones just remind me of the times that I fell in love with Cimorelli and when their covers were all I wanted to watch.

The only change now with the scene is that they cannot have three in the back and three in the front because they're all pretty much the same height now (apart from Amy) so having them split into the two rows just wouldn't work. But by having them all spread out in a semi circle allowed them so see each other sing and embrace their passion for what they're doing, which always makes for a stronger video.

Although we usually see Lauren as the shy personality of the group, during this cover she really showed who she was and what she could do. Soaring over most of the vocals throughout the cover, Lauren really showed the talent she had in her voice (which we all knew she had anyway) but this cover just allowed us to embrace her skills.

On the other hand to this, I feel like Kath didn't have much vocals in this cover as I was about 2/3 through watching and remember thinking to myself when is Kath going to come in. Due to her subtle voice I felt it kind of disappeared during the harmonies.

The song has so many beautiful messages and although this was not one of Cimorelli's original songs, by them covering the song they are putting across the message of the original song and that is what I love about the girls.

If you haven't seen the cover yet you can watch it here:


I am hoping to hey back into my blogging as I realise that I haven't posted much recently but I just seen to have so many things going on.

Stay Strong x

Latest Blog Post:
 
Thursday 19th January 2017
Cimorelli: I Don't Want To Live Forever - Cover Review 
Last Friday, Cimorelli released what is known as #CimorelliSaturdays, this I think you can guess is a promise that the band will be uploading one video every Saturday. The first Saturdays video happened to be a cover of Taylor Swifts 'I Don't Want To Live Forever' featuring Zayn.

No comments: